Saturday 23 February 2019

Speculoos Traybake (Three Ingredients)

Speculoos Traybake


It's been a while since my last post - Christmas baked me out so to speak, and with a lot of running training to do, I've not been able to bake much. In the last week or so, however, I've got a bit of my baking spirit back and made this ridiculously easy but delicious traybake.
I came across Biscoff spread a year or so ago - I never would have thought crushed biscoff biscuits (which are very similar to Speculoos biscuits) turned into a spread would be so tasty! I found a recipe that turned the biscoff into a traybake and needed to try it out for myself.
And...it works! It tastes like a lovely sponge pudding with a deep flavour of the cinnamon/spice notes of speculoos biscuits. I now think that whenever there's a good deal on Biscoff spread, I'll be buying some to make this :)
Even better, this recipe is dairy free (which as someone who is becoming more and more sensitive to dairy every day is very nice)!

Makes around 24

Ingredients:

  • 1 large jar of crunchy Lotus Biscoff spread (380g)
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp baking powder

Method:

1. Preheat your oven to 180c (160c fan)/355f/gas mark 4, and then grease and line the base of a 20cm square cake tin.

2. Whisk together the spread, eggs and baking powder until well combined.

3. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden on top and does not wobble when the tin is moved. Leave to cool, cut into squares and enjoy!

Speculoos Traybake
Yum
Print This Recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment