Monday 19 October 2015

Halloween Ideas



Happy Halloween!! I hope you're all getting the pumpkins ready to carve, and the sweets stocked up for the Trick or Treaters. Halloween actually dates back around 2000 years, where it was known as All Hallow's Eve. Then, it was a serious holiday where the dead were honoured. Now, Halloween seems to me to be getting more and more fun each year! Whether you enjoy the day for the scary movies, dressing up yourself and/or your children (or pets!), it's a day to be enjoyed. 

Why not bake something this Halloween to spook/thrill you ;) I found so many brilliant recipes on twitter - here are just a few of the ones I've found.

Try them and let me know how they are. 

Have a Halloween-inspired bake I haven't mentioned? Please let me know, and I'll add it to this post :D




This is a superb halloween-themed cupcake, my favourite so far! The spiders are adorable (creepy in their own way), and look so effective. This is a blog I do love, so I would highly recommend trying this out. I even had another idea based on this for making the spider legs - if they work in my experiments, they'll be posted shortly.








DIY Halloween Cake Pops
These bite-size pumpkin cakes are super cute, and are just about big enough to fit a whole one in your mouth!! This is a super simple recipe for the beginners out there.












Here is a really simple but effective way to decorate your cookies. You  could even buy store-bought biscuits if you're short of time but I'd recommend using a recipe like my ginger biscuits.






Halloween Cookies
Want something cute/creepy? Try these biscuit men decorated in a very creepy way!











Scary Treats
Here are some recipes for grandma's ginger buns/biscuits. Simple decorations like these are simple to buy and are good time-savers.









Halloween Cupcakes
Here's a great recipe for cupcakes, both chocolate and spiced varieties. I love the idea of the strong cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger warming flavours. These have been simply decorated, but they look like they would taste fabulous. Plus those carved pumpkins are amazing!







Creepy Coffin Cookies
Here is another cool way to decorate your biscuits. The coffin in these really stands out, and the skeletons are very fun. Plus it'd be a test of your piping skills :D
This is not as such a halloween recipe, but a very autumnal one. I adore parkin - a treacly dense cake, which improves with age. This recipe comes from my home county, so I may be a little biased, but I reckon it must be brilliant.
Yum
Print This Recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment